Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 5 Social Bookmarking

I think the best use I will get out of Delicious is personal. Already there is a lot for me to explore with just two classmates, plus Janene and Gina on my network.

I could see having students bookmark sites for their research to share with a small group. For example, in American History we could divide up several topics having to do with Colonial America and have small groups of students (even pairs) research their topics and record the best web sites they found in Delicious. I have always required students to document their sources, but no matter how many times I tell them, there are always some who do a sloppy, incomplete job of this. If they bookmarked their sources on Delicious, that information would not be lost. I could have them use their Delicious bookmarks when citing their sources and giving credit for pics, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment