Friday, August 26, 2011

Myst IV Revelation Various
See More Myst IV Revelation Various at IGN.com

Why a picture from Myst IV Revelation? We are starting the year with a focus on relationships. As part of that, we are having students decorate their lockers as a way of telling others about themselves. The logical parallel to this is for each of the teachers to decorate their doors with the same intent. So, I have been on a search for images to help inspire my door design.

Mrs. Reed's door is a big sunshine, green grass, blue water and sky. I laughed and told her I would decorate my door (which is directly across the hall) in Goth style and we could see which door attracts which kids. Just kidding. Actually, I am going to go for steampunk on my door, maybe with the addition of a dragon or two.

Building a friendly yet professional relationship has got to be a foundation for our whole year, and the doors and lockers are intended to function as a springboard for getting to know one another a little better. It is also fun. Setting the right emotional tone is important too!

I will update this post with pictures of our doors once we are all done decorating them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment