Friday, October 8, 2010

BP8_OMM



I chose to focus on using Blogger for my one-minute-message because ever since learning about it, I have been able to make really good use of it in my classroom. Of course I use it in my Computer Related Technology class, but I also use it to present content for some of my other classes. Currently my CRT students have created iGoogle accounts, created a blog, embedded a Wordle and some sort of video, and should have three entries. Next they will choose a classmate's blog and leave a comment on one of their entries. I used Google docs to create a form on my CRT class blog to collect the URLs for everyone's blog pages. I have gone in and left comments, and when the URL was not right, I have used gmail to let the students know. Last year was my first year for using Blogger. I think each time we work with it I am building more skill and depth to the things I can do with it and the things I can teach my students.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, this is really a great little one minute video. It seemed like it went on longer, but it was because you put in so much great content! Wow. I hope I can do as good of a job talking about one thing! You did excellently and I just love how your students are using blogger as well. ;-)

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your video about Blogger because it showed EXACTLY how a REAL teacher uses it! It's really neat how your made Blogger into a student PLE, with support and connections to the Google Suite. This really inspires me to have students create with technology more, but it also makes me wish that we had macs at school so that I knew how to do all the video and website editing with them!
    PS I love your facebook badge, is that from a Dale Chihuly exhibit?

    ReplyDelete