Friday, July 16, 2010

Converter for Flip camera files to use in iMovie



When the camcorder that is part of my education package didn't arrive in time for our first assignment using iMovie, I was forced to fall back on using my Flip camera. Unfortunately, when I tried to import my .avi files into iMovie, it didn't work. Enter FSO support. Those guys are really great. I was led to a download for streamclip, which easily allowed me to convert my .avi files to MP4.  Once I converted one .avi file, the other files I hadn't been able to access could also be imported.  I thought I'd put this in my blog 1) so that if I need it later I can refer back to this video to remember how it works, and 2) in case anyone else has a similar or wants to try the converter for other reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment