Saturday, September 11, 2010

What's going on in Mrs. Ort's classroom?



As part of our Training and Motivational Development class, we were asked to make a video describing our use of technology in the classroom. I have to say, I would not know how to use most of the Web 2.0 tools I use if it were not for Janene Kosman, the director of our Tech department. She has held workshops every year, teaching Web 2.0 skills and helping teachers to use technology in the classroom.

I have to say, I rather like the MacBook Pro that came with my college masters program at Full Sail University. I have learned to use many of the "i"s(iPhoto, iMovie, iWeb), as well as a lot of other Mac software. Garage Band is pretty cool. I'm trying out different things. For this video I wanted a New Age kind of sound, but it isn't a choice in Garage Band. I messed about a bit with the program and got a blend of instruments I liked, then I played with the tempo. Close enough.

Now I need to turn my attention to our team's final project and my Action Research project. I also need to finish installing Comic Life on my computers at school so we can start using it Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment