Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing 10

I like the calendar, but still need to work out how to add docs to it and how to indicate to students there are docs attached.

We have a lot of trouble with attendance. These calendars will help me make sure students know what we did in class and access documents as needed. There's nothing like having someone come in after a week's absence and ask, "Did you do anything while I was gone?" Hard to answer that without being really sarcastic :-)

Anyway, I see this as a way to communicate even better with students, as well as a way to let my administrator know what we are doing. And it is easy to update. I like that, as my lesson plans always end up getting rearranged! (some things take longer, less time, etc).

I can point students to the calendars from my school web page, too, or imbed them. Since I only have to update them in one place, I can have them imbeded in several places and it's no big deal. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment