Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 16 Digital Storytelling

Actually, I took a Digital Storytelling workshop last year, so I have done this. For this class I started a slide show meant to be an introduction to the American Revolution, but I got bogged down. I wanted to make something I would really use in class, and it is too long and I need more resources.

In class, I have storyboards for the students to use when they create a slide show (or video). I have only had one student who hated storyboards. She wanted to create everything on the screen without any planning, and it was hard to get her to do otherwise. We sometimes have kids with different barriers to learning and her reaction to the storyboards was part of a larger issue. Most kids, though, did fine with them. They only had to draw little stick figures to suggest each frame of their story. (Lots of kids worry when you ask them to draw, as if they are afraid to look foolish if they can't draw like a professional).

I will try to make a shorter slide show for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment