Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A hamster on a wheel

This shot of my Second Life avatar in a maze was intended for our group iWeb project from month 2 of our masters program, but it could not go on the blog page, so I thought I'd put it here.

What's the title got to do with this blog?  Well, it is the first Monday of a new class. The cycle repeats. Our group members each read the assignments for the class and begin the race to finish everything, learn the new software, strictly follow the instructions, and make the mad dash to complete our team project.  like a hamster on a wheel...round...and round...and round. We finished last month's course work on Saturday (really Friday, but we all had to approve of it before it could be counted as done).  Saturday we were taking the 2 1/2 hour drive to take the younger of my two sons to college for his freshman year.  We were so exhausted that we opted to stay in a motel and drive back Sunday. Today (Monday) was the big all-staff meeting for my school district and the afternoon was filled with working on our school improvement plan.  So, tonight I made a calendar of the assignments we need to do for this month's class, and we are off and running again. Like a...well, you get the idea.
I am really looking forward to this month's class.  It is all about presentations and how to make them look really smooth and how to make them dynamic. Sweet.  I'll try to post some of my work here when it is done, but you can also check out my links to my portfolio and AR research web sites to see some of my work.
Good news. By Friday my modem speed should be at 25 megs. Little problem - when I upgraded the speed months ago, no one said anything about needing a new modem.  I believe the term is "being clobbered," and that is what happened to our current modem. The 25 megs was over powering it and I had a devil of a time uploading things, especially big files like video.  After Friday, that should change. Wow. After barely squeaking out 2 megs, I can only imagine what actually having 25 megs will be like.  I'll let you know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment