Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BP_12 Movie Maker



When I set out to make this week's one-minute-movie, I thought at first I would be highlighting the Ning site I created for last year's Digital Storytelling class. As I went through the site, looking at projects my students made last year, I realized it wasn't the Ning so much as the movie making that I wanted to highlight.
  In fact it was these efforts to bring digital storytelling into the classroom, and to learn it myself, that set me on a course that led me to FSO's EMDT program. I have been learning as I go, and I was seeking out others who could help me take the next step.
  I noticed there are others in this program who don't have Macs at school.  To them I'd like to say that this doesn't mean you can't still make some pretty cool digital stories. Moviemaker is not hard to use. My students also create soundtracks in Audacity, export them as MP3 files, then import them into Moviemaker. The results are not too bad for a bunch of people who are just getting started.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, loved your Movie Maker movie! That is a great alternative to the iMovie we are so spoiled with on our MACs! It really looks great, and I believe I have it on my HP system, so I may have to check it out and see if I can get something out of it that looks as good as what you have made here. Your class project ideas are great. I loved the biography type of movie idea. That would be great for any student to do. I can think of some great applications for this myself for when I teach graphic design students someday, such as a video portfolio…that would be awesome. Thanks for sharing your PC application tool!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,

    As someone who has been a PC for a long time now, I am familiar with Moviemaker. When I switched to a Mac, I found that working with iMovie wasn't so different. I love what your students have accomplished in their awesome videos!

    Thanks,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,

    Interesting 1 minute video. I think so many of us associate creativity and media with Mac products that we lose site of PC users doing the same style and type of work. I have not used a PC for over three years, and when I did have one I never use Movie Maker (don't even know if I had it on my machine).

    Your one minute Movie Maker video had a nice pace to it and the use of GarageBand music enhanced your video. It was also wonderful how you used multiple techniques; voice over, video with in video, transitions and different presentation options to make your case for Movie Maker.

    Thank you - I enjoyed your BP and also found the posted comments interesting and engaged in your video.

    ReplyDelete