Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PE_1 Google SketchUp

   A tool I would like to know how to use better is Google SketchUp.  When I was looking at Google Lit Trips, I discovered links to people who have created replicas of famous places, like author's homes and places from famous novels.
  I was really impressed with this use for Google SketchUp, especially the part where the viewer can select 3-d and rotate the mode, or can click on a tab to see the location on a Google Earth map. Some even provide street shots of the buildings.
  I have some artistically inclined students who would really enjoy presenting some of their learning this way.

  This week I am going to try to learn more about how Google SketchUp works. My tech director is even getting licenses for our district!  I don't know how much I will be able to report over the next two blog entries about my progress with Google SketchUp, but I am certainly going to give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. Woah that looks awesome! So could a student design an original building like an architect? Or can you just replicate real buildings?

    ReplyDelete