Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wk 4 Presentation of Leadership

Original drawing by Patricia Ort
I believe I would prefer to present the results of my Action Research Project rather than simply publish a paper because I prefer the dynamic, interactive nature inherent in giving a live presentation. I a way, it would be easier to share my findings on paper.  I involved my students in digital storytelling.  It seems appropriate that I would share my findings in a similar format.

Those who have followed my Action Research blog entries, as well as my entries on this blog, will be aware that some very unusual circumstances made carrying out the project a challenge.  It seems to me that if I was still able to get such positive feedback from the students, despite the very erratic attendance (including the addition of students to my class list, far into the grading period), then these techniques would yield even more impressive results in a stable environment.

This is worth knowing, and worth sharing. I have identified Edutopia and ISTE as two possible venues for presenting my findings; however, I believe any venue where I would be sharing directly with educators who are serving in K-12 classrooms, would be good.  I think they would be best able to appreciate and use what I have learned.  In fact, I think they would be able to achieve even better results than I did.

1 comment:

  1. "I involved my students in digital storytelling. It seems appropriate that I would share my findings in a similar format."

    I concur with your reasoning here Pat!

    ReplyDelete